Public Relations Manager
What: 2012 Family and Community Planning Forum
When: November 1, 2012 – 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church – 2501 Main Street
The City of Little Rock’s Community Programs Department presents the 2012 Family and Community Planning Forum on Thursday, November 1st at St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church.
The event will begin at with remarks by Community Programs Director Dorothy Nayles and City Manager Bruce Moore. They will provide an overview of the day’s events and welcome the crowd. At 9:30 the presentations will begin. The subject areas covered are as follows:
- Data and Needs Assessment: Dr. Mark Perry, Director of New Futures for Youth
- Re-Entry: Staci Croom-Raley, JD, Goodwill Industries
- Skills Training: Marq Golden, City of Little Rock Community Programs Coordinator
- Afterschool and Expanded Learning: Laveta L. Willis-Hale, Network Coordinator, AOSN
- Transition to Adulthood: Eric Gilmore, Immerse Arkansas
- Recovery Services: Lynn Kell, DHS, Recovery Support Services
- Parental Involvement/Advocacy: Dr. Beverly Divers-White, AR Cradle to Prison
- Summer Employment: Chad Kaufman, Junior Achievement
- Tobacco Prevention: Amber Garrett, City of Little Rock Tobacco Prevention Specialist
- Community Assets: Rev. C.E. McAdoo, Concise Consulting
Table discussions, by focus area, will then take place throughout the day. The event will end with open discussion and questions and answers.