« Back to Media Releases
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
Contact(s):Lt. Terry Hastings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
LITTLE ROCK POLICE DEPARTMENT HOSTS CAREER EXPO
(Little Rock – April 22, 2009) The Little Rock Police Department is hosting a Police Expo for persons interested in possible careers in law enforcement.
The event will take place on Saturday, April 25, 2009, from 9am to 3pm at the Clear Channel Metroplex (Col. Glenn and I-430).
One of the most challenging and rewarding professional careers is in law enforcement with the Little Rock Police Department. While employing some of the most modern technologies available, the LRPD is a progressive and accomplished agency that emphasizes public service, believes in close ties to the citizens it serves, and expresses the philosophy of community oriented policing.
To be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Little Rock Police Department, applicants for entry-level Police positions must meet the following criteria established by the State of Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement, the State of Arkansas Civil Service Statutes, and the Civil Service Rules and Regulations (list is not all inclusive):
* Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age but less than forty-six (46) to be hired.
* High school graduate or possess a high school equivalency certificate; i.e., GED
* No felony convictions, be of good moral character, successful completion of a drug test.
* Acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 or better in each eye); possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect which in the opinion of the physician would adversely affect performance of duty.
* Be a citizen of the United States at the time of hire.
New members of the Little Rock Police Department will train in new and specialized police sciences that will prepare them for the future through a variety of career opportunities. For more information contact the Little Rock Police Department Recruiting at (501) 371-4636, (501) 918-5330 or the job line at 375-LRPD (5773).