« Back to Media Releases
City of Little Rock Public Relations
Office (501) 371-4421
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Big Boo!-seum Bash Offers Safe and Fun Halloween
LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (October 17, 2007) – Boys and ghouls can enjoy a safe and fun Halloween at Big Boo!-seum Bash, on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. This free event is hosted by members of the Little Rock Museum Consortium and sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Big Boo!-seum Bash incorporates seven of Little Rock's museums into one giant story-telling, trick-or-treating, fun and games evening that is safe and accessible for children and their families. Visitors can drive to each location or catch a ride on a free shuttle bus at any of the participating locations.
This year’s Big Boo!-seum Bash locations are the Historic Arkansas Museum, Museum of Discovery, Central High School National Historic Site, Old State House Museum, The Clinton Presidential Library, EMOBA and MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History.
Activities will be different at each participating location, including:
· Visit the Haunted Army Encampment at MacArthur Park. A good scream will be had by all when you visit the ghostly army encampment behind the historic Arsenal Building. The ghosts of Confederate and Union soldiers have reawakened, just in time to share their haunting experiences with you. There will be plenty of chills and thrills for all as you walk through the haunted encampment.
· The Historic Arkansas Museum will have activities and crafts for children with some items they can take home. The outside courtyard will feature a fortune teller and pioneer games. Children will be able to knock on the doors of friendly and scary characters for trick-or-treating fun.
· Much like now, Halloween brought families together for an evening of spooky fun in the 1950s. At the Central High School National Historic Site, watch I Love Lucy video clips interspersed with historic footage from the 1957 desegregation crisis at Little Rock Central High School, create your own Halloween magnets, and visit the Jr. Ranger Activity Table.
· Discover people and exhibits from the past at the Museum of Discovery. Visit the Mad Scientist for some Halloween goodies.
· The Old State House Museum’s costumed characters will have sweet treats available for young trick-or-treaters. Kids can also try their hand at old-fashioned games on the museum's front lawn. Activity stations will allow children to make Halloween inspired cards, jewelry and more!
· Scare up some fun at a haunted garden located on the grounds of the Clinton Presidential Center and Park.
Game cards will also be issued at each site. Visit five of the seven participating locations to qualify for a prize drawing collected from the participating museums or visit all seven locations to qualify for the grand prize drawing.
For more information about Big Boo!-seum Bash, visit www.littlerock.com or call (501) 370-3222.