- Building Code*
- The 2012 International Building Code with appendices C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and the 2012 revisions.
The 2012 International Fire Code with appendices A, B, C, D, E, F, G and the 2012 revisions.
2003 - ICC/ANSI A117.1. Referenced by the 2012 International Building Code, Chapter 11.
Arkansas Energy Code Rules and Regulations for Energy Efficiency Standards, 2004 Edition,
- Electrical Code
- The 2011 National Electrical Code
- The Little Rock Code of Ordinances, Chapter 8, revised.
- Plumbing Code
- The Arkansas State Plumbing Code, 2006 Edition, based on the 2006 International Plumbing Code.
- Fuel Gas Code
- The 2006 Arkansas Fuel Gas Code with Appendices A, B & D and 2006 Revisions.
Residential Building Code
- Mechanical Code
- The 2010 Arkansas Mechanical Code with Appendix A and 2010 Revisions, based on the 2009 International Mechanical Code.
- The 2012 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code Volume III for one (1) & two (2)-family dwellings with appendices A, B, C, D, E, H, I, K, M, N, O, Q and the 2012 revisions. (Based on the 2012 International Residential Building Code)
- Existing Building Code
- The 2006 International Existing Building Code with Appendices A & B and the 2006 revisions.
Property Maintenance Code
The 2012 International Property Maintenance Code and 2009 Revisions.
Structural Design: Chapter 16, 2012 International Building Code*
- Seismic Zone
- IBC, Project Zone 1; Site Class B; State of Arkansas Act 1100
Based on Risk Category, Table 1604.5
Risk Category 1: 105 MPH
Risk Category II: 115 MPH
Risk Category III & IV: 120 MPH
10 psf, Table 1608, Figure 1608.2
- Roof Live Load
- 20 psf, Section 1607, Table 1607.1
- Dead Loads
- Actual weights of materials.
- Concentrated Loads
- Section 1607
- Frost Line
- Twelve (12) inches
- Minimum size: eighteen (18) inches wide, twelve (12) inches deep, with nine (9) inches of concrete per Section 1805
- Must rest on undisturbed or a minimum 90% compacted soil of uniform density and thickness as per Section 1803.5
- Minimum slab thickness 3-1/2 inches, as per Section 1910
- * Adopted Codes in effect as of January 1, 2014