LITTLE ROCK DISTRICT COURT
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SMALL CLAIMS/CIVIL DIVISION
JUDGE MARK LEVERETT
To provide impartial and timely adjudication and impose sanctions for code violations to ensure that neighborhood conditions are improved to comply with accepted health and safety standards. To provide the public with timely and impartial adjudication of civil and small claim matters.
Environmental Court is held in the Criminal Courtroom at 600 West Markham Street and the schedule is as follows:
Wednesdays: 1:00 PM – Plea and Arraignment.
Thursdays: 1:30 PM – Reports and Trials.
This court hears all City Code Violations including:
- Accumulation of trash
- Fail to demolish
- Illegal dumping
- Abandoned autos
- Fail to maintain utilities
- False alarms
- Fail to obtain privilege license
- Loud music
- Animal charges (cruelty, fail to vaccinate, etc.)
- Loud noises
- In City Parks after hours
- Operating businesses in a residential area
- Parking tickets
Civil And Small Claims Court
Hours: Tuseday At 1:30 PM
NOTICE TO THE PLAINTIFF
NOTICE TO THE DEFENDANT
Filing Fee Increase
- For initiating a cause of action in the CIVIL DIVISION of District Court EFFECTIVE JULY 31, 2009, THE FILING FEE WILL INCREASE TO $80.00
- For initiating a cause of action in the SMALL CLAIMS EFFECTIVE JULY 31, 2009, SMALL CLAIMS FILING FEE WILL INCREASE TO $65.00
- NO PORTION OF THE FILING FEES SHALL BE REFUNDED.