CITY OF LITTLE ROCK READY TO CALL THE HOGS AT WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM
LITTLE ROCK – The City of Little Rock announced preparations for the Razorback Football game to be played at War Memorial Stadium Saturday.
“We are excited to call the Hogs again at War Memorial Stadium,” said Little Rock City Manager Bruce T. Moore. “We look forward to the two Razorback Football games held here each season and we are proud to welcome Coach Bielema and the team back to Little Rock.”
Little Rock Police will staff all intersections around the stadium. Markham Street traffic will continue in both directions as normal, however many roads will be changed to accommodate traffic entering and exiting the stadium.
Prior to the game the following traffic flow changes will apply:
After the game the following traffic flow changes will apply:
- Fair Park from I-630 is converted to one way traffic flowing north to Zoo Drive where traffic is diverted onto War Memorial Golf Course
- Fair Park from Markham is converted to one way traffic flowing south to Zoo Drive where traffic is also diverted onto War Memorial Golf Course
- Jonesboro from 12th Street flows in both directions as normal
- 7th Street is converted to one way traffic flowing west towards the stadium to Monroe
- Monroe from Markham is converted to one way flowing south to 7th Street
After a night of possibly rainy cold weather, City officials encourage everyone tailgating and attending the game to take extra precautions.
- Fair Park to I-630 is converted to one way traffic flowing south to the Interstate
- Fair Park to Markham is converted to one way traffic flowing north to Van Buren
- Van Buren is converted to one way traffic flowing north to Kavanaugh
- Jonesboro to 12th Street is converted to one way traffic flowing south to 12th Street
- 7th Street is converted to one way traffic flowing east away from the stadium to Cedar
- Traffic exiting the east stadium lot onto Monroe is split with the north exit turning left to Markham and the south exit continuing straight onto 7th Street
Those with reserved tailgating space may enter as early as 6:00 am. Gates open at 7:00 am for those without reserved tailgating space. All tailgaters must be cleared out by 5:00 pm Saturday. War Memorial Park is a public park and all tailgaters are subject to the rules and regulations of the City of Little Rock and the Parks and Recreation Department.
War Memorial Stadium gates open at 9:00 am and kickoff between the Arkansas Razorbacks and Mississippi State is at 11:21 am.
For emergencies, attendees should dial 911. To contact the Little Rock Police Department with something other than an emergency, dial 501-371-4829.